Islip village shop is non-profit making and staffed entirely by volunteers. All profits are invested back into the community, with donations made to the local school, Village Hall, local sports clubs, and other local good causes.
By supporting our shop you are supporting our local community.
Would you like to join us in helping to run this vital community service? It’s a great way to meet new people and get involved in village life. Volunteers are warmly welcomed – we are always looking for new additions to the team.
We are delighted to announce that in 2016, the Islip Shop Community Fund donated funds to the following organisations:
- Islip Baby & Toddler Group – £200 for toy storage & child height trestle tables.
- Islip Thursday Club – £300 to cover the cost of a coach for an outing.
- Otmoor Archeological & Historical Society – £200 to cover the cost of hiring the hall.
- Islip Youth Club – £1,000 to hire a youth worker in 2017.
- Islip Cricket Club – £500 to subsidise young players’ match fees.
- Islip Café – £500 to extend the opening hours of the café in order to provide lunch.
It is thanks to all the support from our customers and volunteers that the shop continues to be able to support such worthy organisations.
In 2015, we were able to make donations to the following local organisations:
• The Youth Club, run by St Nicholas Church in Islip to pay for a Youth Leader.
• The Islip Cricket Club to subsidise fees and cricket equipment for young players.
• Islip Thursday Club, a social club for the over 60s, for a contribution towards its annual outing and to cover speaker costs.
• Noke Playing Field Trust to help purchase a new sign for their new playing field and playground.
• Otmoor Archaeological and Historical Society as a contribution towards the ongoing hire of the village hall as their meeting space.